Thursday 10 June 2010

A reminder request for patience

Since We Are Langley Park got started 6 months ago a whole bunch of new people have been in contact and got involved.

This is fab - and as a result the group is starting to make a real difference and gain a reputation for action and innovation.

This is also fab - but means a lot of people aren't aware of my original reason for starting it off.   A couple of years ago I had a stroke, which has left part of my brain not functioning (particularly my memory,. attention and concentration) - and litter picking was a suggested activity to help relax my weary broken brain.

I thought it worth raising now for new people to explain why I may not respond, or do the things I say I'll do without prompting.

I have an "assistant" who helps keep me on track - but sometimes I forget to tell her things (well, I would wouldn't I)

So please, if I don't do what I said I would do, I am not disrespecting you, I am not being lazy, or anything else.  I simply will have forgotten about it.

Therefore, please feel free to remind me.  I will not take offence.  Indeed, it will help greatly.

Thanks

Cameron

No comments:

Post a Comment